• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Too much tax in Products Price (Gross)

MAxISD

I have a problem with Products Price (Gross). The Product Price (Gross) includes three times the required amount of tax. Does anybody have some hints?

In the "New Product screen" I have:

Tax Class: taxable goods

Products Price (Net): I have entered the net price of the product

Products Price (Gross): the shop now shows the net price + three times the amount of tax

I have tax zones set-up in the following manner:

Tax zones: Belgium, Europe (except Belgium), Rest of the World

Tax classes: taxable goods

Tax rates:

0 taxable goods Belgium 21.00%

0 taxable goods Europe 21.00%

0 taxable goods Rest Of World 21.00%

I also use the Tax zones in the shipping modules to have different shipping costs depending on the zone.

I have a problem with Products Price (Gross). The Product Price (Gross) includes three times the required amount of tax.  Does anybody have some hints?

In the "New Product screen" I have:

Hello

I have the same 'problem' as you.

I do not consider it a problem because the price it calculated with the tax zones. But when you make a new product, the system can't see who you are so it takes all the tax zones and calculates. When you log in as a customer you will see that the price is calculated from the price excluding the tax + only one time the tax providing your tax zones are correct.

I do have got a question for you. Why do you charge the rest of the world also tax? Tax rules in the EU are you charge for tax to private people in all of europe and no tax for companies in europe. Outside of europe you do not charge tax. That is at least how I set it up here in Denmark.

Regards

Richard

B)

You do not consider it as a problem. Would everybody be facing the same problem then? It doesn't look very neat. I am still searching for a solution.

I can't answer your question regarding the tax rules in the EU. I depend on the tax experts.

Hello

I have the same 'problem' as you.

I do not consider it a problem because the price it calculated with the tax zones. But when you make a new product, the system can't see who you are so it takes all the tax zones and calculates. When you log in as a customer you will see that the price is calculated from the price excluding the tax + only one time the tax providing your tax zones are correct.

I do have got a question for you. Why do you charge the rest of the world also tax? Tax rules in the EU are you charge for tax to private people in all of europe and no tax for companies in europe. Outside of europe you do not charge tax. That is at least how  I set it up here in Denmark.

Regards

Richard

B)

• 5 years later...

Archived