• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Specify quantity when adding to cart

daleboss

I'm surprised that I can't find this already suggested or done.

I found the contribution (2147) that lets the customer specify the quantity in the product listing page, but this doesn't work for products that have options. The customer is directed to the product_info page, which defaults the quantity back to one and doesn't let the customer change it.

I think it is a better interface to let the customer specify the quantity when adding to the cart, rather than requiring them to add it to their cart, then update the quantity in the cart (although that may be cleaner on the implementation side). Contribution 2147 addresses one add to cart operation, but doesn't address the one on the product info page.

If this is already available, I could use a pointer to the contribution. Otherwise, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks for any help.

I'm surprised that I can't find this already suggested or done.

I found the contribution (2147) that lets the customer specify the quantity in the product listing page, but this doesn't work for products that have options. The customer is directed to the product_info page, which defaults the quantity back to one and doesn't let the customer change it.

I think it is a better interface to let the customer specify the quantity when adding to the cart, rather than requiring them to add it to their cart, then update the quantity in the cart (although that may be cleaner on the implementation side). Contribution 2147 addresses one add to cart operation, but doesn't address the one on the product info page.

If this is already available, I could use a pointer to the contribution. Otherwise, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks for any help.

ditto.

I did a test-run through my store today and noticed this. It seems awfully inconvenient for the customer... :shrug:

Christina

• 2 months later...

I am trying to figure out the same kind of process. I sell brass chicken wire by the linear foot. The default is set to '1' the customer must update the amount in the checkout, and seems awkward. If there is a way to allow the customer to place '7' feet in the cart, it would be really handy! If there is a contribution that allows this (or something already there that I have missed) suggestions for this nOOb would be much appreciated!

www.woodgenius.com

Archived