• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canadian Tax added twice

TorontoON

I followed Peter Mosiers notes to a tee and setup taxes. The GST and PST were being added twice. I set the Shipping method to GST/PST/HST and it worked.

I was informed that the taxes had to be shown seperately. I applied Canadian tax display 1.4.1 and followed instructons.

Now I am getting...

Sub-Total: $332.50CDN

Canada Post (1 box(es) to be shipped) (Expedited, 2004-11-18): $11.22CDN

GST ( 7% ): $23.28CDN

PST ( 8% ): $26.60CDN

Tax (7.0% GST + 8.0% PST (Ontario)%): $49.88CDN

Tax (8.0% PST (Shipping)%): $0.90CDN

Total: $444.37CDN

Shipping Module: Canada Post Sort order = 2

Order Total Module: Sort Orders are...

Shipping = 2

Sub-Total = 1

Tax = 3

Total = 4

Can anyone please help, this is delaying lauch of my store. :blink:

• 2 years later...

hey dude, I dont charge GST to my customers because I just started out and not plan on making over 30K!

But for some reason it's charging PST + PST twice! any suggestions?

This is weird, I just checked it now, and its only charging PST once now. Hmmmmmm

I checked with bot a high and low order, only charges PST once. Which is good of course, but why 5 minutes ago it was charging twice.

Im backing up now! lol

No Boxes? No Problem!

We Sell Boxes and Moving Supplies for LESS!

Ken Combden

Boxes on the Move

(905)720-2005

me again,

just noticed something, its still only charging PST but in the admin panel, I have no Tax zones set at all, no tax classes! How is it charging PST if i dont even have taxes setup!

weird stuff.

I so much prefer html! php is nothing but headaches!

ken

No Boxes? No Problem!

We Sell Boxes and Moving Supplies for LESS!

Ken Combden

Boxes on the Move

(905)720-2005

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I'm using 2Checkout...based in London, Ontario...also using Peters Contrib re: Taxes.

For some reason...when I am in test mode and purchase an item for 1.00, it calculates the final value for 1.18...no matter where I ship to...

Any suggestions.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey am having the same problem except I see it in the net and gross pricing on the product it is calculating out the gross price using 29% tax (6% GST 8% PST and 15%HST.) even when I set it to compound the taxes for HST.

The store seems to calculate the taxes correctly though for checkout. Hope this helps someone....I am stumped. I say we all agree on a tax rate and get rid of these silly problems.

• 6 months later...

Just searched this thread because I had the same problem. GST was being added onto the item total and shipping total twice. Then I discovered that within my Canada Tax zone I had included All Zones along with the specified (10) zones. When I deleted this All Zones setting, everything worked like a charm.

Try checking this first. Saved me.

• 2 months later...
I have reverted back to Peter Mosiers setup only. I was unsuccessful in applying the Canadian Seperate Tax. My PST and GST are totalled on one line. :(

Did you find a fix for this? im having the same problem...

Archived