• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

X-tensions Hair Shop

The nits:

1) Do you need to know my gender or age?

2) Top and Catalog in the bread crumbs go to the same place.

3) The font size on All Products page is a little small.

4) Typos like "asif" on http://www.x-tensions.com/hair_extensions/...id_-_Black.html.

5) You show payment forms on the right and in the footer. Pick one.

6) Can you combine the credit card and cash into 1 We Accept box?

7) The Queen is lovely but one bill would suffice for a cash icon. Stack them on top of each other but offset if you want multiples.

8) I assume other categories are coming. But Synthetic is not a link in the center 9) Categories box on the main page.

10) Logos in We Accept, Verified PayPal, and Sign-up could be a little smaller. They take up a lot of vertical space.

11) Remove the number of requests.

12) Remove the product added date.

Overall:

The colors, design, and tone really seem to fit the product. It is an appealing site.

ed

Daz,

Certainly has alot of its own style and identity. I'd perhaps re-consider the infobox headers and go with something a bit cleaner. However, your target market is pretty goofy, so you could get away with your current approach.

Why the use of category images in the upper center of the index page unless you intend to link them?

Good work.

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

The design fits the product, and I like the use of Trolly instead of cart. Very english!

You cant get a ?10.00 postal order for ?10.00, there is a charge added, perhaps your description of postal orders needs changing.

Spell check it, ie if you loose .... should be if you lose... etc

I like it tho'.

F5

Nice concept, needs some refinement.

There are a number of spelling mistakes eg. 'your' for 'you're' (as seems to be used a lot on the forums too), royal mail etc. Get it proof read.

Looking at the section explaining how to send banknotes through the post I get the impression that you trying to attract only blonde customers. :-"

Signed For does not provide enhanced compensation for expensive items. It is Special Delivery that does that.

The credit card logos are far too big.

Thanks about pointing out the postal order thing.

We will be linking the category images eventually...

The nits:

1) Do you need to know my gender or age?

Good point, maybe this could be optional

2) Top and Catalog in the bread crumbs go to the same place.

never really noticed this, and its standard oscommerce, i hope the fellas address this in ms3.

3) The font size on All Products page is a little small.

agreed, but imagine when there's over 1000 products added.

4) Typos like "asif" on http://www.x-tensions.com/hair_extensions/...id_-_Black.html.

damn typos, my speeling is terribeel

5) You show payment forms on the right and in the footer.? Pick one.

never really noticed to be honest, well spotted. too much is a bad thing...

6) Can you combine the credit card and cash into 1 We Accept box?

point taken.

7) The Queen is lovely but one bill would suffice for a cash icon.? Stack them on top of each other but offset if you want multiples.

again, never crossed my mind, but now you mention it...

8) I assume other categories are coming.? But Synthetic is not a link in the center

yeah this is being sorted as we speak

9) Categories box on the main page.

the title, or the whole box?

10) Logos in We Accept, Verified PayPal, and Sign-up could be a little smaller.

i've got a 21" inch monitor what can i say....

can i just ask why alot of people do that and remove the requests? i've found the general opinion to be split 50/50 on this....personally if my site gets 1.7 million hits i guess i want to show that off, but its when it doesn't is time to take it off.....

Overall:

The colors, design, and tone really seem to fit the product.? It is an appealing site.

ed

thanks radders, its hard to see those things until someone points them out. i love constructive critism! thanks! my photoshop finger will be getting well greased up tonight, LOL

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who's taken the time to review my site, this is the whole reason i love oscommerce, keep em coming please and god bless you all.

8) I assume other categories are coming.  But Synthetic is not a link in the center

yeah this is being sorted as we speak

9) Categories box on the main page.

the title, or the whole box?

My mistake. There is no 9. 8 should read: "I assume other categories are coming. But Synthetic is not a link in the center Categories box on the main page." And you've answered it.

can i just ask why alot of people do that and remove the requests? i've found the general opinion to be split 50/50 on this....personally if my site gets 1.7 million hits i guess i want to show that off, but its when it doesn't is time to take it off.....

I fall on the remove side of the 50/50. When you're starting out, it's a way of saying I'm getting traffic. I have new products. Later, when you're established, you start feeling that you're established. You don't need to prove anything. You think people should buy based on your products, prices, service, etc. Not on page hits and product dates.

We are suggesting, even if you're starting out, project an air of long-time stability. I hope I'm explaining that correctly.

ed

My mistake. There is no 9.  8 should read:  "I assume other categories are coming.  But Synthetic is not a link in the center Categories box on the main page."  And you've answered it.

I fall on the remove side of the 50/50.  When you're starting out, it's a way of saying I'm getting traffic.  I have new products.  Later, when you're established, you start feeling that you're established.  You don't need to prove anything.  You think people should buy based on your products, prices, service, etc.  Not on page hits and product dates.

We are suggesting, even if you're starting out, project an air of long-time stability.  I hope I'm explaining that correctly.

ed

I get this message from opera browser.

"The website tried to cookies for exploitative purposes. The server's host name does not match the domain attribute and the cookie has been rejected.

This website may not be considered trustworthy."

Amanda.

Treasurer MFC

Archived