• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple Stores, one instance?

Sketch44

Can I run just one instance of osCommerce (just one database, one catalog, one place to administer) to drive multiple stores?

We plan to have 4 or 5 separate domains, but want to have one catalog. Any given item in the catalog might be displayed in just one store, or in multiple stores. Each store would have the same structure, but different colors and logos in the template.

Is there a way to do this? I've been searching here in the forums but haven't yet found specific mention of this.

Thanks!

Can I run just one instance of osCommerce (just one database, one catalog, one place to administer) to drive multiple stores?

We plan to have 4 or 5 separate domains, but want to have one catalog.  Any given item in the catalog might be displayed in just one store, or in multiple stores.  Each store would have the same structure, but different colors and logos in the template.

Is there a way to do this?  I've been searching here in the forums but haven't yet found specific mention of this.

Thanks!

There is a multi-store contribution, I would look at it and see if it does what you want.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

hhhmmm...I've seen this post for days now but have just now stopped in to take a peek. Sounds interesting!

I don't think you'll have table locking problems unless there is a large inventory or category structure. Less than a few thousand products or few hundred categories should be OK.

Next, upload the catalog directory to each folder that is designated to be the document root for that particular domain. Do not upload the admin directory to each...no need if this is going to be centrally administrered.

Now, the values used for configure.php in each storefront will be a bit tricky. Hopefully you have a dedicated server so can do things like add users to wheel groups, create groups, add users to groups, etc.

To move forward give a bit more information:

1. Do you sell virtual products?

2. Do you have a dedicated server? Server specs?

If you have a dedicated server it makes the project that much easier. In that case, you could just make a few modifications to the httpd.conf file, and create a few directories under or adjacent to the main document root.

If you are virtually hosted it'll make for a bigger headache but can still be done...as long as they are all on the same server.

Archived