• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New ICANN policy

yesudo

On 12th November ICANN will introduce a new policy designed to make transfers of non-UK domain names between Registrars quicker and easier.

From this date, if there is no acknowledgement from the domain owner/admin contact within 5 days of a transfer request being made, the transfer will automatically take place.

There are concerns that this new system could make it easier for your domain to be fraudulently transferred away from where it is currently registered.

You should be able to lock your domains - contact the company where you registered the domain/s to find out how they are dealing with this - some are automatically locking domains, some are NOT.

Your online success is Paramount.

IMHO this change by ICANN is stupid... Its a good thing my domains were all locked months ago :)

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-12nov04.htm

I don't know what the fuss is about - it's not like I can transfer google.com to my control as I am not the owner of that domain.

This is more about transfering domains to different registrars under the same ownership.

Now yous can sleep better at night :D

:heart:, osCommerce

Archived