• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP4 tp PHP 5 problem?

Peter_NL

Hi,

My provider upgraden PHP4 to PHP5. With this I got the following error message:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/.sites/28/site188/web/oscom/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

I managed to fix this by deleting the referal to $this. Can this be fixed otherwise?

Peter

Hi,

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/.sites/28/site188/web/oscom/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

I managed to fix this by deleting the referal to $this. Can this be fixed otherwise?

Peter

This is not a problem I have had to deal with but there have been a lot of threads on this so you may want to do a search for php5 for the info you need.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Hi,

Peter

Hello,

Here is what I did to get rid of the error message :

Changed from :

$this = null;

to :

unset($this);

However, I have not been able to execute this portion of code (the tests I did with

the "Banner Manager" and "File Manager" never show that this portion of code is executed).

Francine

Archived