• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Having Problems w/Checkouts

Marvin Miller

Hi;

My store has been in development for quite a while and it's been progressing nicely. Mostly I'm just adding contributions to increase the overall functionality of it.

I'm getting 404 errors when I complete a purchase using the Confirm Order button. At first I thought maybe a contribution had caused it so I installed a stock store with a new purchase module - same thing.

I then changed the payment module to the stock basic one that comes with osCommerce and I get the same thing. The URL showing in the browser is;

https://host212.ipowerweb.com/~frostysa/cat...e4e43bxxxxxxxxx

What would cause the order process to stop at checkout_confirmation - no matter whether it's a completely new install or whether it uses my Moneris payment module?

I'm lost on this one :'(

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

• 3 weeks later...

Richer,

I have the same problem with the ipowerweb shared SSL server host212. Strange enough, this is never a problem before Novemember. It seems that the ipowerweb has changed some settings that does not work with the osCommerce.

I try the solution you pointed to - replace the redirect-function "tep_redirect" with the one modified by urchin.nl. I still get the same error:

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site

might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your

browser settings.

Please try the following:

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

The solution made by urchin.nl works only for redirecting a NON-SSL link to a SSL link. This problem happens only during customer login. I think our problem is a different one.

From the order confirmation page to the checkout_success page, all the links are SSL links and the user did not leave the SSL session. The modified code:

function tep_redirect($url) {

if ( (ENABLE_SSL == true) && (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ) { // We are loading an SSL page

if (substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER) { // NONSSL url

$url = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG . substr($url, strlen(HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG)); // Change it to SSL

}

}

header('Location: ' . $url);

tep_exit();

}

does not take any effect because the condition:

substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER

is FALSE in this case.

Archived