• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up PhpMyAdmin error

eddiev2001

Can someone tell me what needs to be modified in order for me to setup phpmyadmin on my server. I'm getting the following error

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.6.0-pl2

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Thank you

you need to check with your host, to make sure it is configured properly or what you have to do. it is not an osCommerce issue at all, rather a host issue.

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.6.0-pl2

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Looking at the reference to configure.inc.php, have you configured the following:

Database server

database name

user name

password?

All these will be needed to install phpmyadmin. If your host is like mine, you should already have something similar installed and accessable via you server control panel.

It has been so long since I installed phpmyadmin, I cannot remember what I did.

Archived