• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Different folders for images.

I am trying to upload different images into different folders. I have search the forum for images and still can't it right. My site are selling VCD movies and come with eg. Action, Comedy, Sci-fi. I would like to upload Action movies images into Action folder in my server. So it will be easier to manage. I have infact upload the whole Action images via FTP to my images folder which is under Action. However when i upload via Admin, it just goes into image/

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

I am trying to upload different images into different folders. I have search the forum for images and still can't it right. My site are selling VCD movies and come with eg. Action, Comedy, Sci-fi. I would like to upload Action movies images into Action folder in my server. So it will be easier to manage. I have infact upload the whole Action images via FTP to my images folder which is under Action. However when i upload via Admin, it just goes into image/

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

The knowledge base is a worderful thing, check HERE

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

The knowledge base is a worderful thing, check HERE

Thanks, Richard for the reply. I have been there, it's articale 188 and infact printed it out. Really don't understand how to do it. When i upload through admin panel in catalog. After entering all the informations eg. Product Status, Price Product Description, then in under Browse, my image is somthing like this : C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Action\anaconda.jpg. Where should i insert the forward slash? I have tried it before the image name, it's not working. Eg. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Action/anaconda.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Kevin

Kevin;

I think the procedure described in the KB article was possible through a "fluke" that existed in some prior versions of PHP and may not work for everyone (I know it doesn't work for me).

Harald came up with a work around that does the trick in my case - you might give it a try:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=97529&st=20# (post #32)

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Kevin;

I think the procedure described in the KB article was possible through a "fluke" that existed in some prior versions of PHP and may not work for everyone (I know it doesn't work for me).

Harald came up with a work around that does the trick in my case - you might give it a try:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=97529&st=20# (post #32)

Thanks Stuart, i will give a try. Keep my fingers crossed.

Regards,

Kevin

Thanks Stuart, i will give a try. Keep my fingers crossed.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi Stuart, hope you can help again. I have modify the file accordingly and under admin/product upload , there is an extra Image Destination Directory /home/simply/public_html/onlyvcd/images/

However it's keep on saying Directory does not exist. I ahve tried nearly every way to upload but still unable to get it right. i am wondering where is the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Yo, got it right. I made a mistake by uploading all my images via ftp to my server. I have to deleted all my images from the server and upload via admin panel. Worked like a charm. Can make as many images directory as i wants.

Thanks all.

Kevin

Archived