• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Important question about configure the store

Hossam

hi all ,

plz anyone know the solution of any of this question plz dont hestitate to help me :(

1- how i can increase the space between the box's ?

2- how i make the result of search in every category sort by the latest one " now it sort the product alphapitical' ?

3- why the BestSeller box not appear , i already put this code on this file (( column_right.php )) ...... why it didnt want to apear ?

?require(DIR_WS_BOXES .'best_sellers.php');

4- i wanna make screenshot "more than one image" for each product .... how i can do this ??

thnx alot alot for anyhelp or suggest :rolleyes:

waiting for reply

It's easier to get better help if you put only one problem per post.

Will you post a link to your store?

1) Which boxes are you referring to? Column infoboxes? The boxes in the middle of the page?

2) This one would require a bit of work, but take the following into consideration:

- it would be done changing the default sort of the query, i.e. changing default behavior for many pages, not for just one page

- Since the display of the pages is already set up to allow sorting by name and price, you'd have to decide if you want to have a "date added" field that is sortable also.

3) Hard to say without seeing the code for column_right.php.

4) There are contributions that do this.

-jared

It's easier to get better help if you put only one problem per post.

Will you post a link to your store?

1) Which boxes are you referring to?  Column infoboxes?  The boxes in the middle of the page?

2) This one would require a bit of work, but take the following into consideration:

- it would be done changing the default sort of the query, i.e. changing default behavior for many pages, not for just one page

- Since the display of the pages is already set up to allow sorting by name and price, you'd have to decide if you want to have a "date added" field that is sortable also.

3) Hard to say without seeing the code for column_right.php.

4) There are contributions that do this.

-jared

thnx alot 4 ur trying to help me

1) i reffer to Column infoboxes

2) it'll be a great to add "date field " to display in all the pages

3) thnx this problem is solved :) thnx again

4) i still search for contributions for screenshot :( ?

thnx again for ur help & i'm waiting

Hossam

1) Hmmm.. I thought it'd be easier to space out the boxes vertically. I'll see if I can figure it out.

2) This will require some custom coding - - I can't do it at the moment, but you may be able to find someone else to code it up for you. It would involve changing the query to also get the value for products_date_added from the products table, then adding a column to the display in the right section of index.php.

3) great!

4) don't search for screenshot. Just look in the images category. Here are a few:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1611

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1817

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1114

Archived