• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MoPics [adding extra images to each product]

swisscam

Hello,

I am new to osCommerce. Installed it using Fantastico. Using version 2.2 MS2.

Installed in mysite.com/shop

1. have downloaded MoPic zip file. It tells me to add the files to each directory which is no problem (will use ftp for that). It also tells me to add the following to MySQL database:

// Each of these lines go into the MySQL Database.

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_subimage1` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_image`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_subimage2` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage1`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_subimage3` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage2`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_subimage4` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage3`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_subimage5` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage4`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_subimage6` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage5`;

I have no clue where to go with that txt file above and need your help.

I have a Cpanel and I see a MySql section. And i have a myPHPadmin to administrate my mysql databases in a web based enviorment. And I see "Run SQL query/queries on database abc_osc2:". I believe I am very close, but dont know what I need to do. Never had experience with MySql.

Please advice. All I need to have is to show multiple images to each product. If you have an easier solution is great too.

thank you in advance.

cam

Hello,

I am new to osCommerce. Installed it using Fantastico. Using version 2.2 MS2.

Installed in mysite.com/shop

1. have downloaded MoPic zip file. It tells me to add the files to each directory which is no problem (will use ftp for that). It also tells me to add the following to MySQL database:

// Each of these lines go into the MySQL Database.

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_subimage1` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_image`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_subimage2` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage1`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_subimage3` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage2`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_subimage4` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage3`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_subimage5` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage4`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_subimage6` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage5`;

I have no clue where to go with that txt file above and need your help.

I have a Cpanel and I see a MySql section. And i have a myPHPadmin to administrate my mysql databases in a web based enviorment. And I see "Run SQL query/queries on database abc_osc2:". I believe I am very close, but dont know what I need to do. Never had experience with MySql.

Please advice. All I need to have is to show multiple images to each product. If you have an easier solution is great too.

thank you in advance.

cam

You are very close, click on the sql tab and then you have two choices you can copy and paste the sql comands to the field or you can run the complete sql file by clicking on browse, drilling down to the file on your computer and then clicking on go.

Backup your database in your osC admin before making the changes.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived