• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Back up File

basshook

I've checked the knowledge base and looked back through as many posts as my patience will allow and cannot seem to find anything on how to create my back up file. I've gone into catalog/admin/includes/configure.php like the error message states but the script already shows a file named backups. Can anyone help me out, as I assume it must be relatively simple. I'm afraid to change any code for fear of having to re-install to fix my mess. Here's the code in configure.php:

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/'); :'(

Basshook

I've checked the knowledge base and looked back through as many posts as my patience will allow and cannot seem to find anything on how to create my back up file.  I've gone into catalog/admin/includes/configure.php like the error message states but the script already shows a file named backups.  Can anyone help me out, as I assume it must be relatively simple.  I'm afraid to change any code for fear of having to re-install to fix my mess.  Here's the code in configure.php:

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/'); :'(

Check the path in the error message against the actual location of the folder and make sure they are the same, if not you need to adjust your configure.php file. Also make sure you have write permissions to the folder as they are needed for it to work.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Check the path in the error message against the actual location of the folder and make sure they are the same, if not you need to adjust your configure.php file. Also make sure you have write permissions to the folder as they are needed for it to work.

Now I'm really confused. I've checked the path on my server and it cannot be the same as my hard drive as there seems to be the folder named home/basshook/bassonhook.com on my server and I never created the folder home. Does this mean that I have to create a home folder on my hard drive? I used to store my web site pages in my documents but have since moved it to the c drive because a previous post wanted to know why I had such a long directory path and now nothing seems to work. Why is there no detailed instructions on how to set up this program? For example, in config.php there is the line: define('HTTP_SERVER', ''); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers

What does that mean? Am I supposed to insert home/basshook/bassonhook.com into this line somewhere or leave it as is? What is a productive server?

Basshook

Archived