• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can Oscommerce do this

webwitch2003

:D Good Evening all....

I have a new possible client and he wants to know if we use Oscommerce for his site if it will be able to do what this site does....

His site

I.e. he wants to be able to have the swatch on the left and the drop down menus once you click on the swatch... :blink: :P

Thanks

Angi

If you treated Swatches as categories you could. It would take some work to get it into that shape but the core functionality would be there. Same for sub categries within swatches.

What else is the client trying to get out of a rebuild? Or is the site posted an example of the kind of thing the client wants. The reason for the question is why move to osC / or a new design if it's only to replicate what exists?

Firstly Iain.... What the heck is your pic of? Is that a foot?? >_< :D

This is a site that he would like his site to look like - he has a site with another hosting company that does not use Oscommerce - he wants me to be his designer - the hosting company i use only uses oscommerce. So before he switches to me he wants to know if i could do that.

How about if i designed the 'graphic' of the swatches and then just linked the pictures to each categorie page? Or something like that. Do you think that might work?

Thanks B)

Angi

:D? Good Evening all....

I have a new possible client and he wants to know if we use Oscommerce for his site if it will be able to do what this site does....

His site

I.e. he wants to be able to have the swatch on the left and the drop down menus once you click on the swatch...? :blink:? :P

Thanks

Angi

Basically all you would be doing is replacing the text in the categories box with images. The file you would need to work with would be includes/boxes/categories.php It would take a little work but does not seem like it would be that hard.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

;) It is a picture of a foot - a scan of my baby son Alex aka The Big Man......

I use images of categories of images on my (client's) front page - www.realgamescompany.com - I'm sure the fragment of code used to do this would give you what you want with some modification.

A graphic of the swatches sounds a bit hard-wired to me

Had a nice reminder from Matti that you shouldn't reference code on these forums without posting the code first :blush:

so anyway, the stuff that I referenced about displaying category images was posted here Displaying categories as images. The code was first posted by someone else in the tips forum I think

Anyway, there's the link. Didn't mean to break forum etiquette.

:D

Archived