• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is It Possible... Customer Orders & Info

SamyT

Is it possible to take all the customer info and their orders from one installation of oscommerce on one domain to a fresh installation of oscommerce on another domain?

Next year I'll be changing our site to a .com.au and changing the default currency to AUD and want to do the site again from the ground up - is it possible to move all the orders and customer info over to a new site? If so, how?!

best bet seems to me to be to backup the database and restore it on the new host. then copy over your osC code, change the configure.php, and do the rest of the configuration change in the Admin area.

-jared

best bet seems to me to be to backup the database and restore it on the new host.  then copy over your osC code, change the configure.php, and do the rest of the configuration change in the Admin area.

-jared

G'day, the reason I didn't want to do that is because I want to make significant changes to the new installation and my old one has been edited by a few different people and is quite convoluted - it really needs to be done from scratch.

Export just the customer and order tables. Then import them in the new database after it is set up.

Wait, even as I was writing that I realized a problem. Moving customers like this is probably OK. But, the orders may not work. The orders will reference product_id and that will probably not be the same in the new database.

hmmm :blush:

ed

Export just the customer and order tables.  Then import them in the new database after it is set up.

Wait, even as I was writing that I realized a problem.  Moving customers like this is probably OK.  But, the orders may not work.  The orders will reference product_id and that will probably not be the same in the new database.

hmmm  :blush:

ed

I had a gut feeling it wouldn't be easy LOL

You could try exporting some things and then re-importing them using EasyPopulate.

Import/export of customers should also include the address_book table, FWIW.

Or, as my Dad would say, you can throw up your hands and go turn on the television.

-jared

Archived