• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Error

kelly34

I am trying to install OSC however i get the following during the install.

Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/virtual/site135/fst/var/www/html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 733

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site135/fst/var/www/html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php:733) in /home/virtual/site135/fst/var/www/html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Could someone please let me know what the problem may be.

Thankyou

Kelly

Thankyou,

I have continued beyond this error and the cart install howver it has no payment or shipping modules and returns this error again when trying to delete categories. Would having the php.ini file in safe mode also be the cause of this.

I contacted the hosting company and they have told me that Safe Mode is disabled. They installed oscommerce with their power tool settings from control panel and it has no errors.

I am using a version I have used for the last 12 months and never had any problems with until now. I have changed nothing within the script at all. I have also downloaded a clean copy of osc 2.2 and that doesn't work either

any other ideas?

If they can install it via Power Tools then use that version (Power Tools is the name used by the Ensim Control Panel and they use the latest version of osC - MS2.2). No need to do a manual install if you can do it via Power Tools.

You will probably have to edit your two configure.php files though, as the Power Tools default installs the site as though it has a full SSL cert, so the file pathways for https are https://www.yourdomain.com. You will either have to alter these to a shared ssl pathway or set Enable SSL to false.

The reason you can't install your own is that any website installing osCommerce via the Ensim Power Tools has to be set to High Security mode, not medium or low, and so you probably don't have the permissions to be able to self-install. If you want to do your own installation then you'll have to ask your hosting company to downgrade the security setting to medium, and you'll have to backup offsite any existing .htaccss file in that directory, then delete it from the directory, install osCommerce and restore the backed up .htaccess file.

Vger

Archived