• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Are themes or template designs easy to install?

I know there are several various templates, links, etc to view. However, each seem a little complicated. I wanted to know if there was a semi-easy way to change the layout of OSC. Is there one plugin that's been edited that is easier than the others, etc?

1) Here are a few questions:

2) Theme colors, hard to change?

3) Theme or template layout of tables, etc hard to change?

I use Macromedia DW Studio and Ultra Dev if that gives any idea of my ability. I've always used OSC for it's default settings. I, like others, am learning to tweak. The first thing I want to go is the general defaul layout (theme or template).

4) Lastly, what is what i'm referring to called? Is this a theme or template I am requesting?

Any answers above is good. All answers above is great! he he he

Much appreciated,

:thumbsup:

I know there are several various templates, links, etc to view. However, each seem a little complicated. I wanted to know if there was a semi-easy way to change the layout of OSC. Is there one plugin that's been edited that is easier than the others, etc?

1) Here are a few questions:

2) Theme colors, hard to change?

3) Theme or template layout of tables, etc hard to change?

I use Macromedia DW Studio and Ultra Dev if that gives any idea of my ability. I've always used OSC for it's default settings. I, like others, am learning to tweak. The first thing I want to go is the general defaul layout (theme or template).

4) Lastly, what is what i'm referring to called? Is this a theme or template I am requesting?

Any answers above is good. All answers above is great!  he he he

Much appreciated,

For the most part all the colors on the site are controlled by the stylesheet.

The default install of osC does not have a template system, you need to go into each file you want to modify and get your hands dirty.

There are a couple of template systems in the contribution section the two main ones being bts and sts. They both have their pros and cons but if you are looking for easy with the least amount of php work than the sts template systems is something you shoud look at. It allows you to modify the layout of your site using one html file.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

• 2 weeks later...

Would my knowledge in Macromedia DreamWeaver assist at any level in this? Could DreamWeaver be used to design the layout without affecting anything negatively? I know you can't say for sure. But just curious if anyone else uses such a web design proggie to theme things up? Thanks for the advice!

Archived