• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Duplicate osCsid

soccercheese

Here is the site. www.huyett.com/catalog/

If you get to a product, then click on the back button, it adds the same osCsid to the end of the url, giving two.

It looks like this.

index.php?cPath=21_31&osCsid=65375531dd46ae6cfd8dec61f773299e&osCsid=65375531dd46ae6cfd8dec61f773299e

It also happens if you click on the back button in the browser.

What kind of problems could this cause? Should I worry about it? If I do, what code do I need to post?

Any help is appreciated, I'm working on this all weekend cuz it needs to be live by Monday!

No I left it empty. I thought that MySQL was the default. I will set it and see what happens.

I really hadn't noticed it until I posted this. I was worried about getting everything else going and just recently started working on ad tracker and affiliate contributions to track ad campaigns, and SEO optimization.

EDIT: Still does it when I click on the back button from the product_info page, then resets when I click to go somewhere else...

MySQL is not the default - the default is to store sessions in files. But I don't think this would cause the duplicate SID problem. I have seen this behavior in someone else's store - I don't know what modification they made that caused this.

Here's what I did for the back button.

Step 1:

Open the file catalog/product_info.php

Step 2:

Find this:

it is about line 212

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

And after add this:

<?php

? ? $back = sizeof($navigation->path)-2;

? ? if (isset($navigation->path[$back])) {

?>

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? <td class="main" align="center"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<?php

? ? }

?>

But I don't understand why it would do it if I click the back button of the browser also...does anyone know what files I should be looking at and what I should be looking for?

Also, now that MySQL has been brought up, which is better to store sessions, MySQL or files?

Ultimately, does anyone think this will cause problems?

• 1 month later...
Much better to store sessions in MySQL.

What would be the reason why this is the better way of handling sessions?

We ran into a session ID problem not long ago where someone posted a url on a message board with a session id in it, and so many clicked on that link that it extended the session for a few hours. We offer an occasional free download (we're a download only site joanndesigns.com), and we got hit hard.

We've since removed session ID from showing up in the URL and are looking at possibly using Mysql for sessions.

Thanks!

Archived