• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

table_background_default.gif

gbagley

On the main page there is an image called ->table_background_default.gif

I changed this image to a single white dot and its kinda did what I wanted. However, there is still a large space on the top of the index.php page. Does someone know a better way?

Thanks in advance.

On the main page there is an image called ->table_background_default.gif

I changed this image to a single white dot and its kinda did what I wanted.  However, there is still a large space on the top of the index.php page.  Does someone know a better way? 

Thanks in advance.

In index.php look for this line (around line 291) and delete it.

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

You will need to find this line in each page. Right click on the image and click properties (or whatever it is called in Windows) to get the image name. Then open the relevant file and doa search for the image name.

Thanks!! That did the trick. I tried to just put the // on both lines but the code errored out. So I delete everything just as you said and it worked.

If I can get another question in I would appreciate it.

Do you think it would be harmful to remove:

**Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?** from the main page. I really don't want/like this there. I figure that customers would get to that point when they hit checkout.

Thanks again.

G.B.

In index.php look for this line (around line 291) and delete it.

? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

You will need to find this line in each page.  Right click on the image and click properties (or whatever it is called in Windows) to get the image name.  Then open the relevant file and doa search for the image name.

Thanks!! That did the trick.  I tried to just put the // on both lines but the code errored out.  So I delete everything just as you said and it worked.

If I can get another question in I would appreciate it.

Do you think it would be harmful to remove:

**Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?** from the main page.  I really don't want/like this there.  I figure that customers would get to that point when they hit checkout. 

Thanks again.

G.B.

Not a problem, just below where you were look for

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

</tr>

and change to

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php //echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

</tr>

or remove completely

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived