• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

email for price needed!

baseten

I am looking for a contribution that will allow me to send price quotations for some items on my site instead of listing a price on the site.

I need to be able to add an attribute to products that would instead of showing $0 in the price column for the item, it would say "get a quick quote"

A click on the quote request button or text would pass the product info for one or several products selected to either the cart, or ideally to a page where the visitor would fill in minimal additional info about themselves and their application, name email, phone#, and company, and then submit this info to me so i can get back in touch with them with a price or followup with more info on the item(s). I would like this request page to also be available as a link in the sidebar for a generic wanted item request. no login required.

I looked at this free call for price contribution:

http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/freecall...lt.php?cPath=54

and it is kind of the same idea, but not quite there.

I have also tested a much simpler contrib. on my site called ?call for price? that takes $0 items and replaces that text with ?call for price? This contrib. is the beginning of what I want to do. I don't want a checkout or login process, i just want the minimal info so I can call my prospects back. also saw a "sold out" contrib but they both just change the item attributes to display text if price is 0.

This is definitely beyond my ability to code, but alot of the pieces seem to be there if someone wanted to take it further. I'd be more than willing to pay for it if someone wanted to code it and make it available as a contrib for everyone. email me @ baseten at-at-at gmail.com if you're interested!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived