• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Display price per pound

I'm sorry but I have searched and searched and can't find an answer. I would like to be able to display something like $4.55 / pound in the detailed product listings on products that would be sold by the pound. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks

--Mike

Mike,

If everything you sell is priced by the pound, you can edit product_info.php and add " / pound" after the bit of code that displays the price. It is more complicated if you have a mix of pricing styles.

You could add an extra field in the products table (I think that would be the right one) that has a true/false toggle, true = by the pound. Then add a check box to the products screen in admin and then add an if statement in product_info.php that displays " / the pound" next to price if the toggle is true.

Or, you could install Quantity Price Break contrib. You wouldn't actually give price breaks. But, QPB modifies the display of the price in product_info.php. You would modify that display code. Then, if you had a regular price of $4.55 / pound, you'd set the quantity price to 4.55 (no change) and the quantity point at 1. Your price would stay the same, BUT, for that product, the alternate display code would kick in. It's using a hammer to open a tin can but it would work. :-"

ed

Mike,

If everything you sell is priced by the pound, you can edit product_info.php and add " / pound" after the bit of code that displays the price.  It is more complicated if you have a mix of pricing styles.

You could add an extra field in the products table (I think that would be the right one) that has a true/false toggle, true = by the pound.  Then add a check box to the products screen in admin and then add an if statement in product_info.php that displays " / the pound" next to price if the toggle is true.

Or, you could install Quantity Price Break contrib.  You wouldn't actually give price breaks.  But, QPB modifies the display of the price in product_info.php.  You would modify that display code.  Then, if you had a regular price of $4.55 / pound, you'd set the quantity price to 4.55 (no change) and the quantity point at 1.  Your price would stay the same, BUT, for that product, the alternate display code would kick in.  It's using a hammer to open a tin can but it would work.  :-"

ed

Thank you ed.....

• 3 years later...

Archived