• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning message: can write to config file!

I installed osCom for the first time and got this warning.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/tmckenna/public_html/oscart/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Can someone tell me what should be done to correct this?

thanks

in the installation procedure in the knowledge base, you are told you need to reset the properties of your configure.php files to 644. they are set to 777 during installation so the application can configure them properly.

you can use your host cpanel file manager to set permissions or an ftp program.

lots of info in the knowledge base.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

As I am new here also and have read through the tutorials and then read through the forums and read through the tutorials again and again.

Probably about 5 hours worth, looking to fix the same issue, and after reading the your post I read again thinking I had missed something?

My webhost had the option to run osCommerce already set up in the Cpanel.

I installed it and made many mods, and got the above message, I read as I have stated above and even uninstalled frontpage extensions.

What has to be done is to go to Cpanel and then to the then to the top to File Manager, click on folder containing osCommerce then the includes folder and then scroll down to configure.php click it and in the right frame.

configure.php

File Type: PHP script text

Show File

Delete File

Edit File

Change Permissions

Rename File

Copy File

Move File

simply change permissions.

Sorry this was long winded but I have learnt a lot. Keep up all the good work you guys, this is a very enjoyable forum.

John

I hope this helps the other guys that this problem strikes

Archived