• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL-PHP

JB04

Hello,

I'm trying to come up with a customized create_account form where there are other sections to it where a user can optionally fill in some other details when registering and they will be stored in the database and also be viewable in the admin panel, If I can do this I will obviously need to know some sql but do not know a thing or even where it is located so I can add entries, I need pointing in the right direction, if successful I'm also considering adding it as an easy to configure contribution for everyone to use which is why I will need to put the entry in admin panel but do not want to mess around too much and risk ruining my current web which is already customized, I have no testing server and only one database so have to get it right.

Also could I use IIS 5.1 built into xp pro with php and ms database, access 03 I think, for testing purposes with oscommerce installed, when I tried it said cannot connect to database. Does it work? are their any instructions for this setup.

dont reinvent the wheel, use 'how did you hear about us' contribution, which is in the create_account form and stored in the database, viewable in the admin . . .

Archived