• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Beginner question

Efish

Hi everybody,

After a long search in this great forum, i'm perplexed...

I installed the program, with this message in the end:

New Installation

osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen(/home/drumsfo/public_html/catalog/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/drumsfo/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/drumsfo/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/drumsfo/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(/home/drumsfo/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/drumsfo/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/drumsfo/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/drumsfo/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

When I tried to open the main catalog, the following error message appear:

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/drumsfo/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 13

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/drumsfo/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/drumsfo/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 13

Once you've untarred the tarball, you need to chmod 777 on both:

catalog/includes/configure.php

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

...before you run the installer. That way it has the permissions to modify those two files.

Archived