• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Different Stores

Hello folks,

1) Is it possible to have different stores on one website. I run a small business listing/website hosting site which allows only one instance of uploading of osC.

But I want each member to have their own different store. For instance I want, say, Mom's Music Store to have their own area for their own products, but want "Dream Machine Music Store" to have their own area.

How do I do this?

2) Is there a different in "members" (small businesses my site hosts) with "users" (people who register to buy)?

3) How can I keep it so that only members can sell items and users cannot?

Forgive me for asking such questions. I am VERY NEW with php writing and only adequate with html, which is what the rest of the site is based on.

Thank you for your time.

Paul

Hello folks,

1) Is it possible to have different stores on one website. I run a small business listing/website hosting site which allows only one instance of uploading of osC.

But I want each member to have their own different store. For instance I want, say, Mom's Music Store to have their own area for their own products, but want "Dream Machine Music Store" to have their own area.

How do I do this?

2) Is there a different in "members" (small businesses my site hosts) with "users" (people who register to buy)?

3) How can I keep it so that only members can sell items and users cannot?

Forgive me for asking such questions. I am VERY NEW with php writing and only adequate with html, which is what the rest of the site is based on.

Thank you for your time.

Paul

There is a Mall contribution on the Oscommerce contribution site that does what you are looking for... And I believe the writer has a version put together that you can download that you dont have to modify other then the template...

It lets you have multiple stores with one database...

Mike

Archived