• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

*Please help!* Copying a store: how!?

bmac

Hey all.

I have one store completed (contributions, designs, etc) and need to use it as the foundation for about 4 or 5 other stores. I am completely lost as to how to do this.

I installed the first osc using 'fantastico' and am therefore, I think, a bit confused about how to make a duplicate store.

Please help, everything I do comes back with terrible errors!

thanks in advance,

Brian

Hey all.

I have one store completed (contributions, designs, etc) and need to use it as the foundation for about 4 or 5 other stores. I am completely lost as to how to do this.

I installed the first osc using 'fantastico' and am therefore, I think, a bit confused about how to make a duplicate store.

Please help, everything I do comes back with terrible errors!

thanks in advance,

Brian

Coy the store following the steps found HERE then remove all your products and customer info, save your database and you are then set to use the store for whatever products you want.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Hey,

Worked really well, thanks. However, I've got a few small quirks I'm not sure how to work out:

In the admin area, the "Online Catalog" link is still linking to my old store... Is there something aside from the admin configure.php that needs to be changed? Also, when I upload product images, they don't show up in the "preview", even though they do show up on the actual page. Any ideas? Thanks much,

Brian

Coy the store following the steps found  HERE then remove all your products and customer info, save your database and you are then set to use the store for whatever products you want.

Hey,

Worked really well, thanks. However, I've got a few small quirks I'm not sure how to work out:

In the admin area, the "Online Catalog" link is still linking to my old store... Is there something aside from the admin configure.php that needs to be changed? Also, when I upload product images, they don't show up in the "preview", even though they do show up on the actual page. Any ideas? Thanks much,

Brian

You need to recheck all your paths in your admin configure.php file, that is the only file that controls this, if you cannot figure it out post the file minus the database info.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Thanks, you were right. Straggling folder named left in there. Much appreciated, as always.

best,

Brian

You need to recheck all your paths in your admin configure.php file, that is the only file that controls this, if you cannot figure it out post the file minus the database info.

Archived