• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

One mySQL DB engough for 2 shops?

julesdick

My hosting account comes with one mySQL db (so one oscommerce instance).

I intend to have 2 sites, one selling photo frames and one selling art prints.

site 1

www.xxx.com/photo

site 2

www.xxx.com/art

will this work?

cheers

J

yes, you will need to use the multi store database solution for setting up the database properly, as each store needs separate tables within the database.

is that a feature or a different product?

cheers for your response

It is a contribution. Click on the contributions link under the logo and try a search for multi-store

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

yes, you will need to use the multi store database solution for setting up the database properly, as each store needs separate tables within the database.

This may help in managing the two shops, but by no means do you have to use this contribution.

Since both shops are in unique folders, then the only real issue here is the sharing of the DB, hense look for the DB tables prefix contribution.

This will do exactly what you need without having to install a multi shop contribution, you will have two distinct shops, complete with separate admins.

the multi shop might help you out in managing the shop but also might be way more then is necessary....

cheers and HTH

Peter M.

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

Archived