• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL

I loaded the autologon contribution, then set up my site using a shared SSL cert. offered by my host. when I try to log on, it does not remember my login name or password (yes, I have it enabled in my admin), and when the secured site popup comes on and I select okay, it sends me to my "https" site only my store does not come up, but some strange website. >_<

I went back through my files and disabled the autologon contribution. I also removed the shared SSL certificate from my host and disabled the autologon function in my admin. Now when I try to log on, it still sends me to the strange wesite and not my store. :angry:

I would like to just have an osCommerce store without the SSL for now. Can anyone help straighten me out to accomplish this? :blush:

What is your URL?

My URL is www.southeasttilesupplies.com

I edited both of the configure.php files and disabled the SSL connection as well as removing the "https" address and the site is working fine now. :thumbsup: I will still need to take this to a "secure" status soon so the problems are not over yet. I believe one of my problems is that I am using a shared IP and am trying to use a shared certificate and it is screwing things up a bit in the configure files. I will be moving my store to another host very soon that has a dedicated IP address and much more friendlier people to deal with as far as hosts are concerned.

Feel free to check out my store and provide any ideas on how to make it secured without glitches (or a few as possible). Thanks, Bill

Well, there's nothing there for us to look at now (ssl wise).  Repost when you try to enable ssl again.

Vger

Thanks for taking a look Vger. I will keep you posted after I move my store to a new host and see if that helps.

Can you take a look at my last post about my store not sending email for a forgotten password?

Archived