• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New site please review

Hi All,

Can you all have a look at my first OSc store and give me some feedback on it. There are some things that I still work on.

- Welcome Guest etc.. Will remove that as soon as I can. Thinking about rewriting it but have no inspiration.

- conditions of use = will be changed in payment info.

- SEO = will start this asap, just happy the way the store is at the moment, as this is my first shop.

Can you all have a look at spelling mistakes as well, as English is not my native language I migth ahve silly mistakes here and there.

If you want me to remove your account and test orders please sent me an email via the contact us page. Cheers

My Site

Giovanna

P.S. Some people may not agree with the orange/black design, but orange is the national colour for the Netherlands. :thumbsup:

Hi Giovanna,

hmmmm,hmmmm,hmmmm

You can almost smell Holland from here. All those nice goodies. It brings back sweet memories of some nice holidays in Holland - Den Haag, Leiden, Delft .....ahhh.

Anyway enough of my lamenting.

You might like black and orange but on my screen (1280x960) there's a lot of black. Like the whole right hand side. :( I'm not sure what the alternative is but hopefully someone on this forum might.

You have no search box. I thought I'd search for some magee but after thrawling through your site I found you had none :'(

The biscuit trail on the very top of the screen is lost where it is. I'd either remove it or consider placing it lower. Maybe below the log-in box.

I'd remove the copyright to osC as your shop looks nothing like stock. Credit yourself with the copyright. :thumbsup:

Shipping and returns

I dunno what happened to your Stroopwafels image here but it vanished.

Free local delivery for manchester and Cheshire area's .. I will be doing the deliveries myself. Well done and I wish you well. Now if you had said a 30 mile radius from Broom Ave. I'd have said fair play, but manchester and cheshire are large area's from my recollection if finding Ikea !!!!

Privacy Notice

Your email address will not be disclosed to anyone. It is only used to contact you about your order
Try " It is only used by us to contact you about your order".

Just clicked on the Calve Whiskey Cocktail Saus to buy it. I thought it was for free but when I got to the checkout I found it was ?1.69 !! Check the css for prices in products_info.php your prices are in white. Not good. :P

Just a quickie. Instead of saying Members area at the top of the login box. Try smth like "Registered Customers Area" - sounds less xxx sex shop like.

Thats not fair. You'll send those nice goodies up the road to Belfast, but you can't go another 100 miles to send them to me booo hoo hooo (I'm crying). I know it's royal mail !!

Best of luck and well done

PhilipH

Shipping & Returns;

Royal Mail will handle shipping, you can choose between Standard delivery of 2-4 days and Special next Day delivery. Prices will be shown on checkout, as they are dependant on weight of your order.

We use Royal Mail to deliver all our mail shipments, you may choose between Standard 2-4 day, and Special next Day delivery. Shipping prices will be shown upon checkout as they are dependant on the weight of your order.

Free Local delivery will be available for Manchester and Cheshire. You will be given the option on checkout if your shipping address falls in the area. As I will be doing the deliveries myself, they are only available during evenings and weekends. If you choose Local Delivery, I will contact you to arrange a date and time of delivery.

(As a business owner who used to try and be all things to everyone please DO NOT DO THIS !!!!!! It will never make the customers happy and will cost you a fortune in gas and pain. If this is your general market then push with print advertising also and work on word of mouth. If you have 1 delivery to do then it could take 2 hours to get there and back for a few $ profit. Maybe stick with one delivery evening per week and do them all at once.)

Free local delivery will be available for Manchester and Cheshire areas. You will be given this option on checkout if your shipping address falls in the area.

As I will be doing the deliveries myself during the evenings and weekends, I will contact you to arrange a date and time for delivery.

Returns

In the unlikely event of goods delivered damaged or in unsatisfactory condition, please contact Home Sweet Holland within 2 days of delivery.

All goods must de returned in original packaging for refunds to be considered.

(Are you allowed to return food???)

All goods must be returned in original packaging for a refund to be considered.

Should you have a complaint, please contact Home Sweet Holland immediately. We will respond ASAP

Should you have a complaint, please let us know and we will do our best to correct the situation.

(This seems to be on the wrong page, it has nothing to do with shipping or returns. It is more of a general statement)

Privacy Notice

Your personal address details are only registered so we can ship your order to you. We do not disclose your data to anyone else but Royal Mail for shipment.

We at Home Sweet Holland take great care to protect your personal information. We will only disclose your personal address to Royal Mail to facilitate the shipping process.

Your payment details are dealt with NOCHEX, they have their own privacy statement on their website.

We use NOCHEX to process payments through our web site. This process is bound by the policies of NOCHEX and may be viewed here.

Your email address will not be disclosed to anyone. It is only used to contact you about your order. You will only receive our Newsletter if you selected this during your sign up. If you want to change this, you can select or deselect it in your general information section of your account

Your email address will not be disclosed to anyone. It is only used when communicating to you in the following ways;

a) We communicate to you during the order process to keep you updated on your delivery status.

B) If you have chosen to receive our Newsletter you may periodically receive email from us relating to our site.

(I would add a disclaimer saying that you protect the information except when required by law to disclose it)

Changes are just thoughts and I am tired so they are not perfect. Even when I am awake they are not perfect. Use them is you feel they help.

Peter

Your big popup images are far too big . This one Sauce for instance is about 100K while it should be IMO not more then 30K.

They are also very poor in quality. I would get rid of the orange BG and use some software (photoshop ? ) to clean and light ( in both senses ) images.

You also have ( for prices ) white text on white BG !!!!!!

Franco

Outside links in signatures are not allowed!

You also have ( for prices ) white text on white BG !!!!!!

Franco

I just found this out myself. I have been trying to amend the .css files, but don't seem to find the ones that do this. I'll have another look tonight.

Thanks Peter for your rewrites. As Dutch and English grammar are so different, it gets a bit muddled at times.

About the amount of black on the right side, untill i figured out how to get my site to resize correctly, this is the only way it is visible in 800x600.

Thanks Philip. Magee?? not quite sure what that might be. I decided against a search box as most of the product names are in Dutch. I might just incoporate later on, when i got more products. BTW, if you are really interested in some goodies let me know, and i'll calculate shipping for you. I have been thinking about adding Ireland anyway as there are loads of Dutch people in Dublin.

I know the local delivery is controversial, my partner agrees with you. I think i will set a minimum order. Just that I know most Dutch people in this area as we have monthly meet-ups.

Keep the comments going, cheers

Giovanna

Archived