• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MS2 PAYPAL HACKED?

jschoaf

I recieved a paypal order for a computer (thats what i sell) and after it was custom built and configured I went to print the slip... I noticed that it was an out of USA one and just on a hunch decided to see how they paid and it said paypal, but I dont remeber getting a "you got cash" from paypal.

Lo and behold, NO transactions on paypal at all, the order was spoofed somehow...

Is there a fix for this, this is just scary

I recieved a paypal order for a computer (thats what i sell) and after it was custom built and configured I went to print the slip... I noticed that it was an out of USA one and just on a hunch decided to see how they paid and it said paypal, but I dont remeber getting a "you got cash" from paypal.

Lo and behold, NO transactions on paypal at all, the order was spoofed somehow...

Is there a fix for this, this is just scary

It would be nice for someone from the team to comment... I can't believe it would be that easy

Be careful about which country the order comes from. There are lots of these scams going on. It works like this. You get an order for a top-spec computer, usually to somewhere in Asia or the Indian sub-continent or Africa. You receive the money via credit card payment (only in this case that was faked too), and the buyer requests urgent shipping. You do this, the goods arrive, the buyer intiates a charge-back against the credit card payment, or else it was a stolen credit card (or the buyer says it was stolen and misused). Result, you're out one computer and a whole load of dosh, and no way of getting either of them back.

Vger

It would be nice for someone from the team to comment... I can't believe it would be that easy

The stock paypal module is not secure. You should especially not use it if you do downloads as they can get them for little or nothing. Install the paypal shopping cart ipn contribution.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived