• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pulldown 4 categories

wombat

Since I have only 5 categories with a lot of subcategories, I'd like to have a buton for each categorie that opens the subcategories like the manufacturers puldown buton. But I dont know how to change the Box, since it doesn't look like I could just copy and paste from the manufacturers box.

Neither the KB nor the search did give me any answers.

Ho do I solv the problem?

Have you looked at the code for the boxes? Compare catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php with catalog/includes/boxes/manufactuters.php . You'll need to change the queries a bit.

For example, start by changing:

$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " order by manufacturers_name");
 if ($number_of_rows = tep_db_num_rows($manufacturers_query)) {

to something more like the query in categories.php. Play around with it a bit - - you'll figure it out.

I haven't done this before, but I'm sure that it's workable.

-jared

You might also want to check the contributions. There are quite a few that modify the categories box so you might find one that is what you want or closer than the default box anyway so you would need to make less changes.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived