• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

register a product

mischl

hello

i'm a beginner and want modified an existing shop.

so when i register a new product i want involved a possibility (probably checkboxes) to register the product in different categories.

thank you for a help. greetings

hello

i'm a beginner and want modified an existing shop.

so when i register a new product i want involved a possibility (probably checkboxes) to register the product in different categories.

thank you for a help. greetings

You should read through the knowledge base as you will find all kinds of helpful info. Read the page found HERE down to "copy a new product" and you shall find your answer

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

thank you for the answer

i know about this possibility in the menu. but when i want to link a product in ten categories that need ten steps to do this. so i'm searching for a possibility to modifie the php-code. when i can select ten checkboxes in the registration, i have at the end only one step of work. the problem ist that we have a lot of products to classified in several categories

thanks for another help

:D

Hi Mischa,

since you have been searching a solution of this problem for me, I've just scanned the contributions again and again. There is a very new contribution of Nov. 7th, 2004 under the title "Multiple Categories per product quick entry". I've installed this contribution and it's almost perfect.

Since there might be other users which are looking for a more comfortable way to add new products and and link them to several categories at the same time, I post my responce here. With the installed contribution there can be marked any categories by holding down the CTRL key and clicking on each category. The only thing is that there is no longer a preview function.

Kind regards

Juerg | www.swissmodell.com

Archived