• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

product reviews

EVILer

i have searched the forums but with no luck(search never works!)

i need to turn of the product reviews part of my cart as im not going to need any reniews on the products listed.

is there a way? there must be! im sure! i hope!

You will need to remove the code from the product page also. Go the the product_info.php file and look for the following

at or about line 170

change

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_CURRENT_REVIEWS . ' ' . $reviews['count']; ?></td>

to

<td class="main"><?php //echo TEXT_CURRENT_REVIEWS . ' ' . $reviews['count']; ?></td>

at or about line 212

<td><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

to

<td><?php// echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

You can also remove the lines but as a general rule it is better to comment them out first just to make sure you do not have any problems especially if you are not really positive you know what you are doing.

There may be other links to reviews so once you remove these you should look around your store to see if you find any others.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived