• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help, what to do, newbe

philpop

Do you need to be a programer to be able to get a simple site going? I hve limited knowledge with websites, but can i construct an oa commercw website easily enough? If so what do i need to get started?

Any help would be greatly apprecited

Hi,

No, I don't believe you have to be a programmer to get an osCommerce site going, that is, the basics, add categories, products, images,etc.

If you want to change anything, some minor PHP experience would help with installation of contributions, however I believe you can still do most of the contribution installations without any 'programming' knowledge.

If you are proficient with any sort of text editor, can use FTP to upload and download, and have other tools like phpMyAdmin,etc,etc, then it is very easy.

Hope that helps,

Peter

Hi,

No, I don't believe you have to be a programmer to get an osCommerce site going, that is, the basics, add categories, products, images,etc.

If you want to change anything, some minor PHP experience would help with installation of contributions, however I believe you can still do most of the contribution installations without any 'programming' knowledge.

If you are proficient with any sort of text editor, can use FTP to upload and download, and have other tools like phpMyAdmin,etc,etc, then it is very easy.

Hope that helps,

Peter

Thanks, hope to get started, waiting on user name,

Phil

No, but it does help, especially if you want to customize it and add modules.

You could always learn though. You'll be better for it, by understanding the inner workings of the cart, somewhat

Archived