• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping method by country

HTMLguru2

I've been scouring the message boards for months trying to find an answer to this one.

I have 3 shipping methods / modules intalled. FedEx for US domestic, CanadaPost for Canada and US Mail for Military/international orders. All get live quotes based on weight and destination.

The problem is this, When a customer orders a product from the US I only want them to see FedEx rates to select from. Military cutomers only see US Postal rates etc. Is there a way to base a shipping method on country? I've seen it with zone rates but not with other shipping modules.

Jeff

Hi. Tax Zones are the answer. Set up a Canada Tax Zone that just contains Canada, a USA zone that contains just the states (maybe only the lower 48, up to you), and an APO/Intl Zone that contains only the other countries you ship to, APOs/FPOs, Alaska & Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, and so on. Then choose the appropriate zone for each shipping module...

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

I've been scouring the message boards for months trying to find an answer to this one.

I have 3 shipping methods / modules intalled. FedEx for US domestic, CanadaPost for Canada and US Mail for Military/international orders. All get live quotes based on weight and destination.

The problem is this, When a customer orders a product from the US I only want them to see FedEx rates to select from. Military cutomers only see US Postal rates etc. Is there a way to base a shipping method on country? I've seen it with zone rates but not with other shipping modules.

Jeff

You should be able to assign a shipping zone to any of the shipping modules. Choose a module click on edit and assign the zone you want to use. Once you assign a module a zone only orders placed from that zone should see it as an option.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

That's what I thought. But when I go to select the zone on the module it doesn't show up at all. I am using the multi-store contribution and have multiple Configuration tables but everything should jive with the zone table.

Any ideas?

Jeff

Archived