• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Backup tool

tallard

Dear Sirs/Madames :-)

I was thinking, is it possible to use the backup tool as and import tool?

I have one oscommerce running at my home, wich is much quicker to use at a daily base when inserting new products, and other information.

The "real shop" has products of various kinds.

I insert products to my "home shop", and then take a backup with raw sql statements. Then I remove all "drop n if exists" from the raw sql file, and then use the restore tool on that file on my "real shop"

I tested it, and it worked very fine. I didnt see any multiplicity in the real shop. But will I get multiplicity in the sql database, or will the backup tool see "this product exists, i'll just update the changes"

yours sincerely

Christian Henriksen

I would definitely NOT recommend this. By backing up the database through osCommerce, you're also backing up all orders data. That means that when you restore the database on your hosted shop, you'll overwrite the existing data and lose all of your order information and anything else that's been updated.

Look into a contribution called Easy Populate. It's much more useful for what you're doing.

Chris Dunning

osCommerce, Contributions Moderator Team

Please do not send me PM! I do not read or answer these often. Use the email button instead!

I do NOT support contributions other than my own. Emails asking for support on other people's contributions will be ignored. Ask in the forum or contact the contribution author directly.

Archived