• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Tool MS3-CVS-20041108

GuntherR

After testing the new admin interface a bit and comparing with MS2, I like to post the following comments/enhancement requests.

First of all ... Yes, I like it very much!

1. Do not use drop down menus for products and customers as the numbers can

get very large and dropdown menus would need a long load time to load

all products/customers. Instead use a search and select mechanism.

(This is a major issue for growing stores!)

Affected pages: specials.php, newsletters.php

2. Do not put any html formatting into the products description. E.g. <BR>.

Use the PHP function nl2br() ... it works very efficiently in my MS2 admin.

3. Preview page does not yet show attributes used for that product

4. Attributes ... need to assign the default HTML SELECTED and maybe ordering of the attributes

5. Suppress the languages flags When only one language is allowed (get that questions all the time ... what is the flag for?)

6. Allow fckeditor (and/or others) as WYSIWYG editor, possible from a selection menu

My main problem with osC MS2 admin are the dropdown menus with plenty customers, and products. It's just not possible to use over a dialup line.

Product Attributes are already much more user friendly, but somehow still far from easy to understand and easy to use.

A would be nice ... allow to add other product identification methods like ISBN and other numbers. This could be done in the initial store configuration setup or dynamically.

Keep up the good work!!

Gunther

I have one more ...

Editing of the 'Define Language' files ...

Instead of putting the complete PHP text file into a textarea, it would be much better and with lesser errors to use a drop down menu for each 'DEFINE' and then edit the value in a WYSIWYG editor. Right now, people without PHP or programming knowledge cannot use the Define Language part. They wouldn't know that they have to escape quotes etc.

I might create an example for this ...

Gunther

Look at the work Nicolas has been doing, with moving the language definitions to the database:

Cool! That is pretty much I was looking for a year or so and was close to start developing it. Hope this is file based and not DB as I run osc in a multistore environment using a single db and the configuration table records are already quite a lot.

Thanks!

1. Do not use drop down menus for products and customers as the numbers can

get very large and dropdown menus would need a long load time to load

all products/customers. Instead use a search and select mechanism.

(This is a major issue for growing stores!)

Affected pages: specials.php, newsletters.php

Take a look at www.sugarcrm.com/sugarcrm

Archived