• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UK Site

Poom

I'd never buy from you because of this;

Your IP address has been logged as...

I don't like seeing that - it makes me think that you don't trust me.

Other than that, it's OK looking - get rid of some of the osCommerce graphics and it'll look better. What's the point in showing the Shopping Basket if there is nothing in there?

It's OK though - good work.

Just a few points quickly (have to work today). catalog/images/datasafeS.jpg is a good graphic but catalog/images/datasafeM.jpg still has a white background and doesn't look as good on your pages.

On your product pages (they are good) I think the "add to cart" black pic that you use should be redone. It is too small and not easily found by customers. I would also consider adding a quantity box to that section as with disks people may want more than 1 and then they would be able to add them without having to make the change on the next page.

After I add something to my cart and go to /catalog/shopping_cart.php where you have the shipping charges available, the top line of each section just has a left_corner.gif (on the left) and pixal_trans.gif (on the right) with nothing in the mid section, and it looks unfinished. Same with your login page.

I am not fond of using 2 button styles, if you wanted to make them different I would use a different color but not a different style.

A breadcrumb trail would be nice, I couldn't get back to the home page. Not that I wanted to because there is not much there. I would add some text about your company there (tell people why they should buy from you).

In your information box I would also change the name of "How to Pay Us" to "Payment Methods" or similar. What you have is to "in your face" for my taste.

On your "checkout" page the "UK" is the top country but on "create and account" it is "Please Select".

Your store qoutes me a shipping charge while I am still shopping but it has no idea where I am in the world????? On shopping_cart.php

In your create account I would get rid of the countries that you will never get a legitimate order from. With mostly low cost products shipping outside of the UK, Ireland, etc. will be too high. Either you will loose money on the shipping or you will loose money because the order if fake, either way you will loose money.

And of course because everybody will be expecting it;

In order to purchase goods we ask our customers to register their information. We collect the usual Name, Address, Email details which are only used by TheCDRStore.

I would think the shipping company would use this information also and they might even find it useful in helping them deliver the package.

Peter

Hi,

Thankyou very much for the replies!

I have changed most of the things that you guys saw as "bad points" as me and the owner both agreed with what you said :)

I am having trouble changing the headings of the tables in the login pages because I cant figure out where the code is for this :(

I am also looking into how to add a quantity bit in the product info so that people can add more than 1 to the cart at a time :)

Thanks again and if anybody else spots anything that they think can be improved then please dont hold back :)

Thankyou! I tried this but I could not get it to work but I will look into it further!

I am just having a big problem with CSS now so the header bars cannot be fixed as yet :(

The site owner is writing something about the site as you put it "why people should use TheCDRStore" and I will be putting this on the main site here as soon as it is done.

If anybody can see any other faults then please let me know, even if it is bad :)

Thanks

No part of this website may be reproduced without written consent of TheCDRStore Line 36 Cannot query the database.

No Database Selected

At the bottom of your home page

catalog/clicktoenlarge.gif is missing

Can you keep the mid section to a fixed width on your product pages. I hate scrolling.

Peter

Just logged in .... WTF :o

The main image is missing

No part of this website may be reproduced without written consent of TheCDRStore Line 36 Cannot query the database.

No Database Selected

No left or right columns.

Only thing that works is the newest product links !!!

When I click on the spindle pack of DVD-R's I'm brought to a new site what appears to work.

ADVDINFO: RITEK G05

These discs are supplied to us in packs of 25.

Would be more inclined to say that "these disks are sold in packs of 25". Actually scrap it completely as you've already stated on the top that they are in packs of 25. There is no need to state what your supplier suppies you with.

In product_id=38 your cd marker pens, your clicktoenlarge.gif is missing

I have to say the text in the main page in the blue header "Product Name, Our Price, Availability and Add to cart" is a bit difficult to read, especially with the colon at the end - its too close. Try adding one space after the text to see if it will clear up.

You've no heading on the Payus.php page stating what page you're on.

Do a spell check on your conditions of use page.

You've got quite a few andor typo's that should be and/or

also

10.4 Goods, other than defective Goods returned under Conditions 10.1, returned by the Buyer and accepted by the Seller may be credited to the Buyer at the Seller's sole discretion and without any obligation on the part of the Seller. Where Goods returned to the Seller are not resaleable they will not be considered for credit and will be returned to the Buyer. A handling charge of up to 10% of the value of the Goods returned by the Buyer may be charged by the Seller.
stick in a hyphen.

PS Get of the little man at the top of this page.

Best of luck

PhilipH

Hi,

We did have some problems at the main page while we were testing earlier but that does work now :)

The main page is just a welcome type page which leads into the store so there are no columns there yet! Look in the main site!

Sorry

Just re-done and checked the spelling to make sure it is ok and makes sense!

The main cdrstore.co.uk is not actually the store but you should now see a button that will take you tothe store (soon to have a welcome speech)

At this time I am making headers for each page in matching text as the site and I will look into englarging the text in the product_info so it is easier to read!

Keep it coming guys!

Thanks

will look into englarging the text in the product_info so it is easier to read!

I think the text size is fine. My problem with the page is that on my screen (800x600) I have to scroll across to read the right column on pages such as this one. I am not very good at fixing that though.

Peter

Just logged in .... WTF
We did have some problems at the main page while we were testing earlier but that does work now

Now it makes sense :thumbsup:

In relation to the formentioned text. as Peter says the size is fine, maybe adjust the letter spacing as well as that extra space before the colon :

PhilipH

Thanks for the posts guys :)

I have now changed the font completely in product_info to make it a lot more readable so it should be a lot easier on the eyes!

Also still trying to write a welcome on the main page bigging up the company :)

He posted prices in pounds. Everybody knows that we don't understand UK currency in the US. How can it be advertising when a significant chunk of us have absolutely no idea what he's talking about? :)

He posted prices in pounds.  Everybody knows that we don't understand UK currency in the US.  How can it be advertising when a significant chunk of us have absolutely no idea what he's talking about?  :)

Ouch! That smarts <_<

You know you are spot on there Jared.

There are only three currencies worth quoting .. The Euro, the Yen and the Dollar. (placed in order of significance :P )

Real advertising would be in real money :lol:

Come on Nick - break the rules

PhilipH

Archived