• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change status text "Delivered" to "Despatched"

Lowey81

A few of my customers contact me after their status has been updated to "Delivered" telling me that the order hasn't been delivered. My courrier usually delivery within 48hr. Is there a way to change the text used to "Despatched" - this will save a lot of time answering e-mails from bewildered customers who are worried their order hasn't been delivered.

Thank You

in the admin area of the store, under order status, add another description named Shipped and use that when shipped, and when you get confirmation of delivered then you can update to delivered

• 2 years later...

Even with your instructions I was lost! :-" :lol: Sometimes I just need a kick in the head ;)

For anyone else having a brain freeze:

Go to your Admin control section

Click "Localization"

Click "Order Status"

Click on the one you want to change

Click "Edit"

Type the word(s) you want to change it to (ie shipped, dispatched, etc.)

Click "Update"

If you want the new one to be the default, click the checkbox before updating. ;)

Blessings,

K

(P.S. this is mostly posted for me because I will probably want to change these later and won't remember how! :lol: :wacko: )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Even with your instructions I was lost! :-" :lol: Sometimes I just need a kick in the head ;)

Click "Localization"

Click "Order Status"

Click "Edit"

Click "Update"

If you want the new one to be the default, click the checkbox before updating. ;)

Blessings,

K

(P.S. this is mostly posted for me because I will probably want to change these later and won't remember how! :lol: :wacko: )

Thanks! (That was quite well hidden...)

• 1 month later...

Thanks Shartlesville for posting this in easy to understand and follow language!!!

Best,

Cindy

Click "Localization"

Click "Order Status"

Click "Edit"

Click "Update"

Blessings,

K

Archived