• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where to begin?

SJones

:-" [email protected]

Hello Everyone, This is my first experience with OScommerce. It was offered through the hosting company. I have made it as far as the admin page, but my question is how do I get started personalizing the program. I am going to have about 25 products to offer. They will be offered to sales reps throughout the country. The sales reps will have accounts established and there will not be any payment method used, just some type of tracking of thier orders and inventory. Everything is already installed and configured on the server, I believe I just need to make this thing work.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to begin, it will be very much appreciated.

Thank You!

:-" [email protected]

Hello Everyone, This is my first experience with OScommerce. It was offered through the hosting company. I have made it as far as the admin page, but my question is how do I get started personalizing the program. I am going to have about 25 products to offer. They will be offered to sales reps throughout the country. The sales reps will have accounts established and there will not be any payment method used, just some type of tracking of thier orders and inventory. Everything is already installed and configured on the server, I believe I just need to make this thing work.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to begin, it will be very much appreciated.

Thank You!

First off you need to decide exactly what you want to change. Then you can ask specific questions. You might want to take a look at other shops so you get an idea of what can be done.

Before you do anything at all I would read through the knowledge base and just cruise through the posts for a couple days to get an idea of what is going on.

You have now decided on something you want to change now you can search through the posts to see if there are already answers to your questions. If you do not find them then post your questions trying to be as specific as possible.

And as always BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! any files you are planning on making changes to.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived