• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customized form

JB04

Hello fellow os compers,

I'm trying to make a custom form, basically a simple one box enquiry form for when people are logged in, instead of using the contact form which makes them fill out their name, email then message, my one would display the message box only which when submitted would get the name and email from their user information and format it into email message and send me it, with this information:

from *user_email*

name*user_name*

This way it would cause them less hassle and save time because I already have their details it seems unfair to have them type it all again.

I already have this simple two box php mail form below, which I could use but it has no validation.

<?php
 $enquiry = $_REQUEST['enquiry'];

mail( "MY EMAIL ADDRESS", "WebSite enquiry",
   $enquiry );
 header( "Location: http://SUCCESS PAGE URL" );
?>

I'm aware I could make a copy of the already present contact_us.php form but how would I do this?

The present one contains other areas which are required. Would I delete these in the contact form?

If anyone knows which areas in the javascript to remove then please spare a few minutes of time.

I thank you all for your good advice.

A lot of you have helped me with sound advice and so I'm working on a contribution or two to pay back the community.

Archived