• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to Enable Authorize.net

lenahan2001

Hello,

This is my first post on these forums. I just installed oscommerce, and I am trying to setup Authorize.net. When I go to the payment modules and click on the install button for Authorize.net my screen just seems to refresh and nothing happens. When I try to install another module such as cod, or paypal it works just fine the first time. It's just that whenever I click install for Authorize.net the only thing that seems to happen is that my screen refreshes.

My last question is, what is the easiest way to configure your terms and conditon pages, shipping pages ( Basically everything in the information box ). I am not really familiar with PHP, so I was curious if there is any sort of WYSIWYG editer.

Any help on either problem would be GREATLY appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ryan

There are many many threads, and a few contributions, about improved authorize.net contributions, fixes, how to get things to work, etc. Search the forums a bit - - you'll find it.

-jared

jcall .....

I did search the contributions section. Can you recommend a new module for authorize.net that will fix my problem? I just don't want to have to try every single module to find the one that works.

Also, are you familiar with my error with Authorize.net install? I just installed oscommerce yesterday so i was assuming that I had the latest copy of the program.

Regards,

Ryan

I'm not familar with that particular problem, but it almost sounds like the module isn't even there.

As you've noticed, there are many contributions to osCommerce. At least half of them (I've never counted) came out AFTER the most current public stable codebase, 2.2 MS2. The fact that you installed this yesterday doesn't mean that you have the latest code, just that you installed this yesterday. :)

To know which Authorize.net module is best for you (keep in mind that they're all free . . . ) your best bet is to go read some of the latest posts in the support threads. I don't ascribe to any module - - There are some things about them as a payment gateway that I don't like. I'm not saying that there aren't any quality contribs for them, just that some of their business policies don't sit very well with me. I like some of the features of their competitors that they don't have (and aren't apparently interested in having).

They are quite popular, though, so you shouldn't have any problem finding help for whichever module you choose to use.

-jared

jcall,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have a proposition for you. Would you be willing to setup my oscommerce store for some cash? I need someone who can remove the oscommerce logos, remove some boxes such as the launguage box, edit the homepage text, and fix the authorize.net module. If you are willing to do something like this let me know, I can pay via any way you wish.

You just seem to know what you are talking about, and that is the kind of person whom I am looking for

Let me know...

Regards,

Ryan

As much as I think it'd be fun, I simply don't have the time. I know that there are others here who seem to regularly do that type of thing - - not sure if it's their "day job" or not, but I know that they're around.

What you are asking for is pretty simple, though, at least on the surface.

Changing the logo / moving boxes around / editing the main text you can do yourself. I promise.

Boxes: http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/Catalog_Area/Boxes

Main Index page text: http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...n_and_Layout/53

Logo: Easiest thing to do is locate the image under catalog/images and overwrite it with yours. There are other ways, but that's the simplest.

The thing is that there are TONS of things that you can do with osCommerce. There are thousands of contributions, tips'n'tricks, etc. You don't *have* to do any of them, but if you spend an hour or two browsing just the contributions list, not looking for anything in particular, I'm sure you can find a few must-have items.

You may also wish to look into template systems. There are a few sites that sell them (I'm not one of them) but advertisements are generally not allowed here. Look at STS and BTS contributions.

It's quite a good feeling to do it yourself. It's not as bad as you think. It's not always easy, but you can do it.

-jared

Hello,

When I was looking at the source code while making some changes I noticed it says...

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:37:59 hpdl Exp $

Does that mean I have the older version of oscommerce? I am assuming so.

I tried doing a new install using the newer database, but I am having trouble during the setup where it wants the sql database. I enter in all my information and it still keeps saying that

Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES)

I tried going by the installation instructions, and I noticed that I don't have an option to fill in the database prefix. I downloaded this oscommerce directly from this website today.

Regards,

Ryan

server should be localhost the user is the username you setup for the sql database and the password is the one also you assigned when setting up the database

Archived