• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Creating Contribution for Swatch.

syed

Hi All.

Good Day.

I've recently entered into the world of PHP and osCommerce, I think I've got sufficient knowledge in them, but I can't say it's expertise. I worked with few live projects on PHP and osC. I've good knowledge and experience in C/C++ programming.

It seems Swatch is one of the highly required feature for osC. No one has probably posted it in contributions yet. There are many greatly skilled people around.

I wish to create a contribution for osC. Can any body inform me about the problems/issues involved in implementing it? Actually I too required one, in one of my projects I am working on.

With swatch, I referred to the option we find in many of the sites, which show a sample preview of the same object in different colors.

I mean to say that many images are stored, each for a different color available. From these images, the one matching the selected (clicked) color is shown as a preview, without submitting the bage.

Thank you,

:) :)

Syed.

Howdy syed

I am very very interested in this swatch idea. I deal with alot of different products made out of different materials. Do you think it would be possible to have it so a product showed with a different material instead of a color?

Please let me know how your contribution creation goes as I would love to see if I can use it.

Thank you for the great idea!

RavenWulf

P.S. if you need someone to test it out once you get it going please let me know.

Hi All.

Good Day.

I've recently entered into the world of PHP and osCommerce, I think I've got sufficient knowledge in them, but I can't say it's expertise. I worked with few live projects on PHP and osC. I've good knowledge and experience in C/C++ programming.

It seems Swatch is one of the highly required feature for osC. No one has probably posted it in contributions yet. There are many greatly skilled people around.

I wish to create a contribution for osC.  Can any body inform me about the problems/issues involved in implementing it? Actually I too required one, in one of my projects I am working on.

With swatch, I referred to the option we find in many of the sites, which show a sample preview of the same object in different colors.

I mean to say that many images are stored, each for a different color available. From these images, the one matching the selected (clicked) color is shown as a preview, without submitting the bage.

Thank you,

Syed.

Howdy syed

I am very very interested in this swatch idea.  I deal with alot of different products made out of different materials.  Do you think it would be possible to have it so a product showed with a different material instead of a color?

Please let me know how your contribution creation goes as I would love to see if I can use it.

Thank you for the great idea!

RavenWulf

P.S. if you need someone to test it out once you get it going please let me know.

Howdy...

Currently, I'm implementing the swatch for one of our clients. Yes, it's definitely possible to use materials instead of colors. You may note that for each material, we require a sample image.

I need some time to make this client-specific swatch into a generic one, so that I can submit as a contribution.

Thank you for your response.

Syed.

P.S. By the way...what does 'Howdy' mean?