• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gallery 5 - Now Live

Gallery_Rep

Hi cathy

YOur site front page looks well but is slow to load due to the scrolling flash shop interior. It is however inviting.

Inviting .... when I hover over the above scroller my mouse encourages me to click, however I get returned to the home page ?????

Awo what a shame ... I clicked on fine arts to discover a light grey background that does nothing for the layout and look, in fact IMO makes it look cheap.

The Avner Zabari Collection image is on a white background, others are black others are clear. it makes the site look untidy. Try keeping the image background images uniform, its a bit of work but for image its worth it.

Your buttons are not sysnced in look or design. In the sub categories you have these rough looking (the rounded edges are rough) buy now images with a red dot, yet you have larger images in the cart for update and checkout. Also the text in the Shop More is squashed and the rounded part of the button is rough.

Once again in sign in the Create account text in the button is squashed.

I'm running out of time and have to get out to a client. Would love to crawl through further and may later this evening.

Regards

PhilipH

Inviting .... when I hover over the above scroller my mouse encourages me to click, however I get returned to the home page ?????

Yep. I didn't plan on making links from the scroller, but I can give it some thought.

Awo what a shame ... I clicked on fine arts to discover a light grey background that does nothing for the layout and look, in fact IMO makes it look cheap.

I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe I'm not seeing what you're seeing ? Can you take a screen shot and email to me? I surely don't want it to look "cheap" - on the contrary ---

The Avner Zabari Collection image is on a white background, others are black others are clear. it makes the site look untidy. Try keeping the image background images uniform, its a bit of work but for image its worth it.

You're right. We get our images from a few sources: the artists, scans, our digital photos, etc. I agree I should spend more time striving for consistency.

Your buttons are not sysnced in look or design. In the sub categories you have these rough looking (the rounded edges are rough) buy now images with a red dot, yet you have larger images in the cart for update and checkout. Also the text in the Shop More is squashed and the rounded part of the button is rough.

Once again in sign in the Create account text in the button is squashed.

I see what you are saying.

I'm running out of time and have to get out to a client. Would love to crawl through further and may later this evening.

Regards

PhilipH

I appreciate your observations and comments. I hope you'll come back to visit the site.

Thanks. Cathy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I like it... i was wondering what code you used to change the left column like that? (ie have it merg with the top header... im of with the header file but cant figure out how to get the column to join up... i get a white bar between the column and headed see here: http://www.aussiehealthandfitness.com). I am trying to do almost the exact same thing...

My suggestion would be to move the search box into the header it looks a little out of place and a bit squashed.

Cheers,

Edwin.

Archived