• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP!! Locked out of admin !!

trap

Hello to all

Yesterday I was able to access my admin section, today however I cannot. I have checked and triple checked my admin passwords but alas to no avail. I even checked my database via myphpadmin and the usernames are correct. And I know that I have not changed the password but I still cannot get in. Is there anyway I can unencrypt the passwords in the database just to check them?

Is there anyone that might be able to help me with a solution here!!! My site is live and and really need to update the cart.

I am unsure what to do next and would appreciate any assistance that could be given.

Cheers

Trap

Hello to all

Yesterday I was able to access my admin section, today however I cannot.  I have checked and triple checked my admin passwords but alas to no avail.  I even checked my database via myphpadmin and the usernames are correct.  And I know that I have not changed the password but I still cannot get in.  Is there anyway I can unencrypt the passwords in the database just to check them?

Is there anyone that might be able to help me with a solution here!!!    My site is live and and really need to update the cart.   

I am unsure what to do next  and would appreciate any assistance that could be given.

Cheers

Trap

Hi have you recently restored a back file?

If so it might have been restored to earlier standard password and user?? example password~admin user~admin ??

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

Thank you for your responses

I have tried to restore from an earlier backup however I have to many mods to go back to the original backup. This also did not work.

Also I have not used Cpanel to protect the admin only a contribution which has worked beautifully on all my other carts. This is the first time I have ever had any trouble with the Admin Section.

I have also tried to repair the database in case it was corrupt but this seemed ok.

The interesting thing is that this cart is a duplication of another with only the prices being different. I can access the other cart but not this one. I am at a loss as to what the problem may be and therefore I may have to restore and loose some downtime while I bring the cart up to date.

Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated

Trap

download SQL a copy of your prices section of the dodgy database and transfer the prices over to a full copy of the working one.

Then restore the new full DB to replace the old one with the problem.

"I think that makes sense!" :blink:

Julian :D

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

download SQL a copy of your prices section of the dodgy database and transfer the prices over to a full copy of the working one.

Then restore the new full DB to replace the old one with the problem.

"I think that makes sense!" :blink:

Julian :D

Thank you Julian.... I am fairly new to sql but learning fast. When you say the prices section would that be the products_description and products , sorry if this sounds a bit newbie but I cannot find a price section in the database. Must be getting tired!!!

Thanks again

Trap

Thank you Julian.... I am fairly new to sql but learning fast.  When you say the prices section would that be the products_description and products , sorry if this sounds a bit newbie but I cannot find a price section in the database.  Must be getting tired!!!

Thanks again

Trap

Hi if you are running the server using windows xp system may be you can run windows system restore to an earlier date?? just an idea.

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

Archived