• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving oscommerce from one server to another

I need to move a live shop using oscommerce to another server.

Old server uses extendcp control panel and the new server use cPanel. The problem seems to be in the moving of the database as in this case on the new server it wont let me use the same name for the database instead it keeps putting my username before any name for the db. As this is the case where will i need to change entrys to show a new db name? Or indeed does anyone have any sure fire methods of moving oscommerce from one server to another.

Your help would be much appreciated.

I need to move a live shop using oscommerce to another server.

Old server uses extendcp control panel and the new server use cPanel. The problem seems to be in the moving of the database as in this case on the new server it wont let me use the same name for the database instead it keeps putting my username before any name for the db. As this is the case where will i need to change entrys to show a new db name? Or indeed does anyone have any sure fire methods of moving oscommerce from one server to another.

Your help would be much appreciated.

If you want to move or duplicate a store you can follow the steps found HERE

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

You might want to also check with your hosting provider - - if your old host and new host both use cPanel, I think that they can move your account from one server to another, preserving file permissions, cron jobs, the whole bit.

-jared

I am now getting this

Warning: main(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/northdev/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Warning: main(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/northdev/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/northdev/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Can anyone help me out??

Archived