• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove "New Products" concept

kennethmgreen

I am installing osCommerce on a client's website and am trying to simplify a lot of things. He has only a few products to sell online and these products will rarely change.

What I want to do is completely removed the idea of "New Products" - that is, I don't want the index page to list "New Products for November" but *all* products.

I understand that I can change the following line (/includes/languages/english/index.php):

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

to read whatever I want.

But I'm not sure what is considered "New" - and if I simply change the heading above, will products start disappearing after a certain date?

I don't see anything in the admin configuration that defines what is a "New" product.

I would also like to remove the display of "This product was added to our catalog on [date]" completely. This client was using another shopping cart for years and the small number of products being sold aren't new, haven't been added recently, etc.

I just want a really basic listing of products without any concept of "newly added" or anything like that.

Is this possible? Is it simply a matter of changing some values (as in the example above)? Is there a way to disable all instances of "new product" and "added to catalog"??

Thanks.

Hi,

To remove new products simply comment out, or delete lines 117 to 122 - /catalog/index.php

<tr>
           <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
         </tr>

... and comment out, delete lines 309 to 314 - /catalog/index.php

<tr>
           <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
         </tr>

That _should_ do it.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Natalie,

1. Please post lines (say) lines 115 to 125 of /catalog/index.php

2. Please post lines (say) lines 300 to 315 of /catalog/index.php

3. I hope you didn't modify them in the filemanager.

4. Are you absolutely sure you uploaded the modified /catalog/index.php

Peter

I say use Simple Template Systems and save yourself the time and hassle...As log as you don't have heaps of Contribution should pretty easy.... have a look at my site (not finished but closhish).  http://www.laptopsnz.com/catalog

Wow~~~~ exactly what I am looking for.... I like it very much! Good Job! I'll try this contribution.....

Archived