• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags Controller

DrForrester

Has anybody had any luck adding the Header Tags Controller contribution?

I just spent hours adding it and all it did was break the entire catalog.

Here's what I get:

Warning: main(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSheader_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/railroad/haijonrails-www/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 15

Warning: main(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSheader_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/railroad/haijonrails-www/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 15

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSheader_tags.php' (include_path='./:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/railroad/haijonrails-www/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 15

All instructions were followed to the letter, all files are in place, SQL query run successfully.

Please help, this was a lot of work for nothing! :angry:

Yes, it definitely works. I would double check your edited files.

ie did you add

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

to your application top?

Have you definitely added the header_tags.php file etc etc.

Also check you have edited the correct files, ie in your admin and your catalog, and not mixed them up.

But it does work, so it must be something to do with the installation.

Julian

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Line 15 of application_top:

Yes, it definitely works. I would double check your edited files.

ie did you add

?require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

to your application top?

Have you definitely added the header_tags.php file etc etc.

Also check you have edited the correct files, ie in your admin and your catalog, and not mixed them up.

But it does work, so it must be something to do with the installation.

Julian

And yep, I spent a LOT of time making sure everything was included and properly edited.

Does anyone know which version of this contribution actually works? I used 2.3.5.

Line 15 of application_top:

And yep, I spent a LOT of time making sure everything was included and properly edited.

Does anyone know which version of this contribution actually works? I used 2.3.5.

It worked for me on my test envioron last night. I have yet to try on my production server. I downloaded the current version, (top of the list in contribs).

There is a mistake somewhere in your install. Take a look at the error message

'DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSheader_tags.php'
The proper path is
'DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS/header_tags.php'
Somehow it does not have the required slash. The last version of HTC works fine but the core code isn't any different in the two versions prior to it so you can try one of those if you like but it won't fix the problem until the problem with the slash is found.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

There is a mistake somewhere in your install.  Take a look at the error messageThe proper path isSomehow it does not have the required slash. The last version of HTC works fine but the core code isn't any different in the two versions prior to it so you can try one of those if you like but it won't fix the problem until the problem with the slash is found.

Jack

Yes, I agree that looks odd. But it offers no clue as to where to look for the problem. I have restored my site. Since I can't bill my client for this waste of time, I won't be trying it again.

Archived