• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Website not reachable.

sargenle

I contacted my domain name host to see if there was a problem there. They said everything is set up correctly and that it must be my config file.

Could someone take a look at my config file and let me know if there is something wrong.

I run my server locally using Apache.

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://192.168.1.47/'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://192.168.1.47');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/Library/WebServer/Documents/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/Library/WebServer/Documents/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/Library/WebServer/Documents/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Lee

I contacted my domain name host to see if there was a problem there.  They said everything is set up correctly and that it must be my config file.

Could someone take a look at my config file and let me know if there is something wrong.

I run my server locally using Apache.

I am also on the phone with my ISP to see if there needs to be changes in my Westell Router.

Lee

are you using your site to have it enabled to be seen from the internet?

the ip address range you are using is not in the public ip range, it is for internal networking.

is this something you want to have seen on the internet?

I can not ping your server 192.168.1.47.

In otherwords I can not "see" your server. (most likely it's an IP address one used for internal networks.)

My recommendation... tell your host that no one from the outside world can ping your server.

HTH,

Robert

Edit: sorry Mibble I didn't see your post

I am also on the phone with my ISP to see if there needs to be changes in my Westell Router.

Lee

Update.

Come to find out in OS X 10.3 with a WEstell Router when you look at your server id it it th IP of the router no the website.

So I have made some changes to config.pjp and now lets see what happens.

Lee

are you using your site to have it enabled to be seen from the internet?

the ip address range you are using is not in the public ip range, it is for internal networking.

Well these are the things that I have found out today. Becasue I have a router and a Dynamic ip adress I have to do two things. i?hzve to use whatismyip.com to get my actual external IP address instead of the routers IP and check my ip address often incase it changes so I can update dns on the issue. I am moving and though once I get there I will apply for a static IP address.

Then comes the secure certificate.

And to answer you last question yes this is something that I have worked on for a while and I would like to bring it out to the public.

it would be easier and more efficient to get a site o9n a server on the net somewhere, instead of hosting at home. dsl or cable just is not fast enough.

and it is not very expensive for a web site.

it would be easier and more efficient to get a site o9n a server on the net somewhere, instead of hosting at home.  dsl or cable just is not fast enough.

and it is not very expensive for a web site.

Dear Mibble.

I like the convience and the easy of use and the short amount of time it take me to get my work done without the hassle of intenet speeds.

I use a 1.5 mb dsl line and for a small start up store with a static IP I think this is most cost effect for me. I am not expecting more than 20 hits a month for the first few month and those estimates are a little high. My advertising is still in the experimental stages.

But thank you for your commentary.

Lee

Dear Mibble.

I use a 1.5 mb dsl line and for a small start up store with a static IP I think this is most cost effect for me.  I am not expecting more than 20 hits a month for the first few month and those estimates are a little high.  My advertising is still in the experimental stages.

For correctness I will not have the static IP until January.

Lee

I can not ping your server 192.168.1.47.

In otherwords I can not "see" your server. (most likely it's an IP address one used for internal networks.)

My recommendation... tell your host that no one from the outside world can ping your server.

HTH,

Robert

Edit: sorry Mibble I didn't see your post

Using whatismyip.com I get this IP address.

Can you ping --69.179.35.113

This is supposed to be my public IP address. The last address I gave out was to my rounter of which I had not factored into the equation.

Lee

Yes this is my site that I want accessible from remote computer.

I have traced down these things so far.

The first IP address I posted was the IP address assigned by my Westell Router. So I did whatismyip.com and got my public IP address.

I went to my DNS host and got a parked name server and forward LHSMarkets.com to the public IP address and masked it so the LHSMarkets.com show up in the url bar.

I have found on the PC upstairs that does not contain any web server information that if I put in LHSMarkets.com on the bottom of the browser window it list my Public IP with the catalog subdirectory listed. This is what I have set up with DNS.

I only changed my IP address with the DNS host 7 hours ago and they say 24 for replication to the servers. So many sometime tomorrow night I will know if I can get to my site.

The only other thing that I ask is that someone take a look at my default config.php file to see if everything is set correctly for what it is.

Thank you.

Lee

unless you have a static ip address, most isp's refresh the ip tables either once daily or every three days.

IMHO this is not worth the effort and time.

move to a host, they are as low as $5 per month.

Archived