• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

hooking a new site up to an existing database

myideal

Hi there,

I hope someone can help as i am a little bit stuck. I have just moved the location of my oscommerce store (still on the same server) now is it possible to change some file(s) in the new shop to connect to the existing database?

Or is there anyway which i can take a copy of the other database and move it accross to this store? All help would be great.

Many Thanks,

Mark

Probably the easiest: On the old site make a backup using your admin tool (Tools>Database backup). Then move the backup file (Located in admin/Backup) to the same location on the new site. You should now be able to see the moved file under the new stores Tools>Databsse backup, and make a restore from here.

Mogens

Hi thanks for that, it is on the same server but the problem is that the old database won't work with one of the mods. that i have just installed. Hence the reason why I created the new database, however the backup and install doesnt seem to work, in Oscommerce or MyPHP.

Is there anyway which I can just move the products/categories table? When I do the backup on MyPHP and try to run it in the new database all I get is an Error telling me that the table exisits.

Im sure there must be a way to copy the data over the top - however I just think I am been stupid and cant find the option. :)

Archived